Programs & Services
Student Family Resources offers many programs and services that supports retention, recruitment and wellness of WVU students who are parents. Located on the sixth floor of One Waterfront Place, our location near the downtown campus, serves as a support system for WVU families to reduce family conflict, stress, and risk factors so they can earn their degrees at West Virginia University.
Programs & Services
- Mountaineer KidZone – Free child care at the Student Rec Center with parent study room during operational hours
- Student Child Care Assistance Program (SCCAP) – Financial assistance for students who are parents to pay for child care in community child care centers
- Employee Child Care Assistance Program (ECCAP) – Financial assistance for employees who are parents to pay for child care in community child care centers
- Lactation Room
- Literacy Enrichment – An assortment of classic children’s literature books are available for check-out. Supplemental learning activities for the whole family are available in our early literacy take home packets, created by WVU Early Childhood Education Students.
- Parent Education – Materials & resource room
- Lending Library (.doc) – Parent education resources including books, brochures, videos, cds and audio cassettes.
- Semester kick-off ice cream social – Bring the family for some summer treats to One Waterfront Place the first week of classes. Refer to website for day and time.
- Family Consultations
- Parent ListServ – Please contact us if you would like to be added to our listserve.
- Babysitting Lists – Contact Student Family Resources to acquire the list
- Outreach programs Technical Support – Providing leadership and technical assistance for campus and community about early care and education issues. Guidance is available to community child care centers, after-school programs, and home-based providers seeking National Accreditation