Does WVU have a campus-based child development center?

  • WVU has a child care center located near the WVU Evansdale Campus, in Krepps Park. It opened in August 2009 and information about the center can be found at WVU Child Learning Center
  • The Mountaineer KidZone, a flex-child care service, is offered at the Student Recreation Center. A staff provides safe and developmentally appropriate activities for young children while their parents are using the facility.
  • The WVU Ruby Memorial Hospital has a Child Development Center, which serves only employees of the hospital. The center serves children from 6 weeks old to 10 years old and also maintains a waiting list. The center can be reached at (304) 598-4788.
  • The WVU Nursery School, located on the Evansdale campus, is a preschool laboratory that serves community families and provides a training site for students majoring in Child Development & Family Studies. The WVU Nursery School can be reached by calling (304) 293-2110 or contacting the WVU Division of Family & Consumer Sciences at (304) 293-3402.

Can you help me find child care?

Student Family Resources provides a list of Monongalia County child care centers , including their capacity sizes, operational hours, fees, and waiting lists. Families are encouraged to visit local child development centers and make their choice based on their family’s individual needs.

Families are also encouraged to contact the Monongalia County Child Care Resource Center for child care financial assistance, a listing of home providers as well as additional support for families. They can be reached at, or by telephone at (304) 292-7357, toll free at 1(888) 272-7357.