Student Family Resources (SFR) adheres to West Virginia University’s student-centered approach through the delivery of high quality services and programs for students who are parents. SFR provides a support system that can reduce family conflict, stress, and risk factors, allowing WVU’s student parents to pursue and complete their studies at West Virginia University.
By 2020, WVU will attain national research prominence, thereby enhancing educational achievement, diversity and the vitality and wellbeing of the people of West Virginia.
Student Life Mission
The Student Life Division supports West Virginia University’s student-centered learning environment, allows students to fully develop, and, in partnership with our University colleagues, offers the highest quality programs, services, and opportunities, based on a foundation of values and the Mountaineer Creed.
Student Life Goals
- Empower students for success through innovative experiences
- Inspire students through a vibrant campus life and engage student community.
- Create transformative experiences to prepare students for post-graduate success.
- Pioneer programs and services that promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Champion a caring and inclusive culture where all students feel welcome.
- Collaborate with campus partners to attract and retain talented and diverse students.