Student Child Care Assistance Program
West Virginia University is pleased to offer a program to help offset the costs associated with quality child care for students who are parents. The Student Child Care Assistance Program (SCCAP) provides low-income program eligible WVU students with financial assistance for a portion of their child care expenses. SCCAP uses a sliding scale providing financial assistance to several students with limited funds. The eligibility guidelines for the program are summarized below.
- WVU student must be low-income.
- Participant must be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours at the WVU main campus in Morgantown (WVU regional campuses are not eligible for this program).
- Children are between six weeks to twelve years old.
- Children are claimed as a dependent on the student’s previous year’s federal tax return.
- Children are enrolled in a licensed child care center, facility, or home provider that is accredited or seeking accreditation.
To attain specific eligibility requirements, students may inquire with questions to the WVU Student Family Resources office. To enroll, students may download and complete an application by clicking on the link below or request an application from Student Family Resources:
Childcare@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-5370 or PO Box 6411 Morgantown, WV 26506-6411.
The completed application and all required support documentation must then be submitted to:
WVU Student Family Resources
104 Purinton House (downtown campus)
PO Box 6411
Morgantown, WV 26506-6411
Child Care Providers will submit an invoice to SFR by the end of the month to provide student expense verification in order for the provider to receive reimbursement.
Applications are accepted on a continual basis as long as funding is available.