Student Child Care Assistance Program
West Virginia University is pleased to offer a program to help offset the costs associated with quality child care for students who are parents. The Student Child Care Assistance Program (SCCAP) provides Pell Grant eligible WVU undergraduate students with financial assistance for a portion of their child care expenses. SCCAP uses a sliding scale providing financial assistance to several students with limited funds. The eligibility guidelines for the program are summarized below.
- WVU undergraduate student must be Pell Grant eligible.
- Participant must be enrolled in a minimum of three credit hours at the WVU main campus in Morgantown (WVU regional campuses are not eligible for this program).
- Children are between six weeks to twelve years old.
- Children are claimed as a dependent on the student’s previous year’s federal tax return.
- Children are enrolled in a licensed child care center, facility, or home provider that is accredited or seeking accreditation.
To attain specific eligibility requirements, students may inquire with questions to the WVU Student Family Resources office. To enroll, students may download and complete an application by clicking on the link below or request an application from Student Family Resources:
Childcare@mail.wvu.edu or 304-293-5370 or PO Box 6411 Morgantown, WV 26506-6411.
The completed application and all required support documentation must then be submitted to:
WVU Student Family Resources
104 Purinton House (downtown campus)
PO Box 6411
Morgantown, WV 26506-6411
Child Care Providers will submit an invoice to SFR by the end of the month to provide student expense verification in order for the provider to receive reimbursement.
Applications are accepted on a continual basis as long as funding is available.
Please read the student agreement below prior to submitting your application.
The purpose of this agreement is to communicate an understanding of your responsibilities while attending West Virginia University and participating in the Student Child Care Assistance Program. We believe students should be aware of their responsibilities before agreeing to participate in the program. Thus, we request you carefully read this application and agreement before signing.
- I give my permission for Student Family Resources to access my student and financial aid records for programmatic purposes.
- I understand that I am responsible for communicating with my child care provider and making sure my provider sends an invoice for services provided with all of the required information and signatures by the deadline (8th of the month following receipt of services) in order to receive reimbursement.
- If my credit hours decrease during any given semester, I agree to contact Student Family Resources and report the change.
- I understand that SCCAP funds only UNDERGRADUATE Pell Grant eligible students and is contingent upon available grant funding.
- I understand that I will be asked to complete regular program assessments evaluations and that this is mandatory for my ongoing funding through SCCAP.
- I will update my financial and academic status each and every semester that I am enrolled in SCCAP through the continuation request form.
- I understand that demographic information, but no personal information will be shared with the U.S. Department of Education in order for WVU to continue pursuing funding for this program.
I understand that this application will be considered for eligibility but does not guarantee participation in the program. My signature on this application indicates that this is a true and complete statement of information and my willingness to fully participate in SCCAP if accepted. I understand and will fully comply with all program requirements. I further agree to contact Student Family Resources if my status as a student, either fiscally or academically, changes during the time that I am enrolled in SCCAP.